Sunday, January 1, 2012

MY 2011 FASHION ROUND-UP

After celebrating the start of 2012 post Christmas day, I wanted to recap my favourite fashion moments of 2011. I tried to limit one picture or moment per month, but I did get engaged this year so a few more pictures ;)

January.
My boyfriend went to London on business and showered me with gifts upon his arrival. UK Magazines (expensive and awesome!) and several pairs of stud earrings he bought for me at Harrod's and the Tower of London's gift shop!


The month of my birthday so I found an excuse to buy myself a few Rachel Rachel Roy pieces from The Hudson Bay Company. Rachel Rachel pieces are the black ruffled tank top and statement ring, the peach cardigan I picked up from H&M that day too... ;)


March 2011 ELLE Canada magazine celebrated their 10 year anniversary and I was lucky enough to receive an invite! In addition to celebrating the magazine's decade of reporting everything fashion and beauty related, I also had the opportunity to make my very own Pandora bracelet!!! There wasn't a large selection of beads when it was my turn, but I absolutely love the bracelet I made. It was "thin pickings" but I managed to create a timeless accessory that is completely my style, and I just couldn't live without. I wear it everyday, I'm wearing it right now :D


April
Prince William married Kate Middleton turning a Royal Wedding... I wasn't that excited about the whole event until three days before. It was the Wednesday night before the wedding everything really hit me about what a major event this wedding is for my generation. I wish Kate and William all the happiness in the world and hope they will be partners forever.


May.
Spring is in the air, the weather was getting better and what perfect opportunity to shed some layers and I switched back to a lighter, more practical handbag. This is a huge event for May 2011 compared to my other posts because this handbag is an original Coach from the 70's!!! Sorry I am a fashionista and this handbag means a lot to me. Especially finding it in a vintage store around the corner of our first Toronto residence. 


June
The passing of my Grandmother was a tough loss to handle. Luckily I am blessed with a large support group of friends and family who were there for me and my family. My Grandmother was an amazing woman, I put her on the highest pedestal for soo many reasons. At the end of my sudden trip back to Saskatchewan, I left with a footprints pin I inherited from her memorial service, and a rose pin from her personal jewelry collection. 


What a vacation, what a month.. 
My amazing boyfriend made another several of my dreams come true this year. We went to the most romantic and fashionable city in the world, Paris!!! I have been dreaming of Paris for years and I was further swooped off my feet when Nathan (my amazing boyfriend), asked me to marry him while we were having a date night picnic beside the Eiffel Tower!!!



A major Paris fashion moment for moi was buying three pieces of Sonia by Sonia Rykiel at the infamous 10-storey department store, Galeries Lafayette. I'm wearing two pieces I bought in these pictures below.


The day after Nathan proposed we went to Versailles, made more memories but that night when we got back to Paris it was Chanel's annual Haute Couture show happening at the Grand Palais. I had mentioned to Nathan I wanted to play paparazzi outside the show just to see the spectacle and maybe spot a celebrity or two. We spent two hours hanging outside the Grand Palais with other photographers, fashionistas, fans, and a friendly bunch of Chanel security. Not only did we see a few famous people I saw several fashion legends/contributors I adore; Carine Roitfeld, Hilary Alexander, Franca Sozzani, Milla Jovovich, Nina Garcia, Grace Coddington, Andre Leon Talley, Anna Dello Russo, AND Stella Tennant!!! I can honestly die fashionably-satisfied with getting to see and greet so many icons I respect.


Nathan proposed to me at the Eiffel Tower with a temporary engagement ring. He wanted to completely surprise me with his proposal but still wanted my input on the actual engagement ring. SO thoughtful another one of the many reasons I love my man. He understands and respects how much I love and live for fashion and design and wanted to give me the opportunity to pick or design the ring!!! My first opportunity since designing my Figure Skating dresses my mom would sew for me, I got to design a major piece of jewelry. Our family heirloom!!! :D


After a little time, research, a large powerpoint presentation, and some conversations, Nathan and I decided on the destination, date, and colours for our wedding. We decided on getting married September 1, 2012 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. 


I also bought my first pair of Badgley Mischka pumps! I decided on the Navy Blue satin because the shoes didn't come in Ivory, but also it will ensure I have something new and blue ;) and will closely match my darling bridesmaid dresses :) 


My boyfriend/fiance (now just getting more comfortable calling him my "Fiance"), went to London for business. Heathrow Airport's Terminal 3 Duty-Free Shop is a mega shopping plaza so I asked my man to grab me a 100ml bottle of my favourite fragrance, HOT Couture by Givenchy. Not only did he surprise with a 100ml Eau de Parfum! But also the perfect size and colour Longchamp nylon shopping bag I have been wanting for years. Or at least every time I went into the SOHO Longchamp store in New York City ;)


Out with the old, in with the new. LOVE the two new pairs of black boots I bought myself this Fall/Winter season. First leather pair I found on Sears.ca, but the second boot is the Chukka boot from Anna Sui's collaboration with Hush Puppies!!! My first pair of Hush Puppies and love the style and supporting one of my favourite designers, Anna Sui. 


Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment