Thursday, April 8, 2010

A UNIFORM CAN DEFINE YOU

MY UNIFORM

It's always been a great discussion why designers tend to have uniforms when they are designing new collections all the time. Shouldn't they reflect what the brand offers? I remember Karl Lagerfeld's explanation of remaining the constant, and letting his work speak for him and his brands. Also recently Kelly Cutrone had some great insight about people feeling more secure doing business with you, when they know exactly who and what they are getting. It's becoming very clear to me, that your personal uniform defines you.
My uniform consists of; Denim (always), skinny jeans for work, boyfriend for play, unique flats, bucket or hobo style bag, and shirts I wear unique to simple styles - I decide based on my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment