Friday, September 11, 2009

MY MEMORIES FROM SUMMER 2009

It was a good, memorable summer. I went to Montreal for a weekend with girlfriends, Vancouver with my boyfriend, hosted a lot of rooftop parties, had spontaneous late evenings, and shopped like an addict. Now that I'm writing my thoughts and plans down I thought it would be great to note what I was so obsessed with this summer...
Next is the list of everything I'm excited for Fall!

1. LIGHT washed jeans - I determined this early. I have a tattoo on my right calf I really want to cover up, and until then I try to keep my legs covered. Denim can be hot in summer so I went straight to find the lightest washes (skinniest fit), that would work for me.

2. Denim short shorts - I stumbled on a pair at H&M one day, I can't remember now what my mission there was but, as soon as I was leaving I saw these great vintage inspired, Cotton/Polyester, great button detailing, denim-looking shorts.

3. Graphic tank tops - I bought a few great staple tanks at the beginning but when I was about to leave for Vancouver I stopped into Forever 21 to pick up a few more, and they had a great collection of graphic tanks that were different and beautiful.

4. Maxi Dresses - I love the maxi dress, I have not owned one until year. It was a steaming hot day here and after work I decided I was buying a simple, inexpensive maxi at Forever 21. Well, they had the most perfect one for me! It went from being a minor, must need decision to an unbelievable score! The dress is in all of my 'personal-seasonal' colours, it has a charming vintage inspired floral pattern all over, and was really comfortable.. Definitely wore it more than I thought.

5. sandals, sandals, sandals! I bought 7 pairs this summer.. My front entrance always looked like I was having a pool party.. I keep it tidy it was my shoe display. They consisted of 3 Old Navy flip flops, 2 great Nautical inspired Payless shoes sandals in orange and aqua, a sexy pair of black patent with gold zipper detailing from H&M, and a black leather wedge with wood sole and gold details on the toes - got these comfy shoes from Winners. It was so much fun getting dressed and then deciding what shoes to wear.

6. My new Rayban sunglasses - I love Raybans.. They're classic, historical, and really rock n' roll sexy. I like aviators, but wayfarers are still my fav. I always walk by the Rayban display in The Bay when I'm shopping but just glance never try on. One day I noticed the price weren't bad at all ($170-$190), I was kind of expecting more.. So when the time was right, I finally stopped to try frames (on a hot summers day) and found the PERFECT pair on sale! They are black and tortoise, camel plastic but versatile, and cool... It was a good day..

7. Jergens self-tanner - I burn really easily and summers here can be brutal but how come I can never develop a tan with sunscreen? jeez.. But this year my friend gave me a bottle of Jergens slow progressing self tanner, and it worked wonders.. I felt summer kissed on that epic day I was wearing shorts outside, and didn't feel as if I hadn't seen the light of day.

SO, there's my list and a few good stories to remember. I'm glad I did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment